Masking Transition
This was a short practice at an obscure masking transition, the video below shows my second attempt.
During the creation of this footage, I did a lot more movement than my original shoot for the transition. Out of this and my first file that was sadly corrupted, I feel my first version looked nicer but the transition was not as successful as I left the centre point of the transition this being a person in the scene in the first version this meant that when I went to add the second half of the scene in there was a double image of the main person.
What I have learnt from producing these practice edits is that.
- To have a smooth transition I need to ensure my camera stays at the same speed and area between the two different shots.
- I need to be careful of the secondary shot so that the central point does not double.
- This is not incredibly difficult and only takes between 30-60 minutes to implement successfully.
By Madeleine Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment